Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blogging Take 2


I've gotten a little hit or miss over the past week or so with my blog, and I think it's partially because I've lost a little of the focus of what I originally had in mind.

On one hand, I find myself wanting to write about Memphis, the place I live, work, play and socialize. While I call myself a traveler, I'm not like many of the travelers I follow in cyberspace who are constantly traveling, whether in a permanent sense, or just find themselves on the road three weeks out of every four.

Unfortunately because of finances, I can't up and take a three-day trip or one-week getaway on a whim. Memphis, on the other hand, is my hometown, an American city that people from around the world travel to for our food, music and culture.

But not everyone out there lives in Memphis, travels to Memphis or even cares about Memphis.

I also want to write about all the great places I've traveled to, discuss the latest travel trends and the places I hope to one day experience.

So with this wide variety of travel topics I find myself wanting to write about, I figure a little organization is in order. So starting today, I'm going to start a weekly rotation of topics.

Memphis Mondays: This is where I will write about the latest goings on in my hometown.

Travel Tuesdays: This is an opportunity to write about other cities, countries and locales I have been to or hope to one day see.

Wild Card Wednesdays: This gives me the opportunity to write about a variety of topics. Could be a continuation of a Travel Tuesdays topic, or some other travel topic such as the latest in the airline industry, for example.

Thursday Thoughts on Travel: This is where I will write about a range of topics, mostly items that I've been labeling as Travel Essays.

Photo Fridays: A weekly photo or photos from my travels and the latest hot spots.

Week in Review/Web Weekends: Weekend posts will cover the gamut of the latest in online travel and social media, as well as a review of travel topics from the week and a preview of things to come in travel.

This isn't really anything crazy, it's just a way for my OCD self to be more organized with the blog in an effort to make it more useful for my readers.

You should follow me on twitter here

1 comment: